Intro

Tell us about your interest in Taoism. How did you find the Tao and what it means to you? Are you a practitioner? What you hope to attain through your practice?

Moderator: laotan

laotan

Re: Intro

Post by laotan »

strawdog wrote:Hello fellow Wayfarers, I've been into Taoism for many many years now. Although I consider myself a philosophical Taoist,
I feel one can learn from all Taoist schools of thought. I hope to learn, exchange ideas and thoughts, as well as make new friends!

Sage :)

------------------------------------
Tao is both void and form,
yet is the source of both void and form.
Are you still in Taoism today? What do you hope to learn from other schools? And what you mean by 'being into Taoism'?

taoskins

Post by taoskins »

laotan wrote:
strawdog wrote:Hello fellow Wayfarers, I've been into Taoism for many many years now. Although I consider myself a philosophical Taoist,
I feel one can learn from all Taoist schools of thought. I hope to learn, exchange ideas and thoughts, as well as make new friends!

------------------------------------
Tao is both void and form,
yet is the source of both void and form.
Are you still in Taoism today? What do you hope to learn from other schools? And what you mean by 'being into Taoism'?
When asked what it means being in Tao (ism) people don't reply. Why?

laotan

Post by laotan »

strawdog wrote:I mean exactly what I said. I'm also into rock & roll, should I explain what this means as well? Thanks 4 your reply!

Everybody knows what rock'n'roll is, still it is difficult to figure out what being in r'n'r means to you. Perhaps you are r'n'r singer, producer or composer. Or simply a r'n'r fan. Much more difficult is then to understand what being in Tao means to you. To speak straight everybody is in Tao. But people imagine a Tao in connection with their own personal needs. If you will read this forum we'll see a mass of opinions about Tao which have nothing to do with Tao itself. So I think you should explain what being in Tao means to you in order to make things clear.