introduction

Tell us about your interest in Taoism. How did you find the Tao and what it means to you? Are you a practitioner? What you hope to attain through your practice?

Moderator: laotan

demannlv

introduction

Post by demannlv »

Hi everyone:

I just found this forum and am excited about joining. I was introduced to Daiosm and the Dao Te Ching about 10 years ago. I began taking Tai Chi lessons and somehow I heard about this through this practice. The Dao is so basic and so simple that I was sold on it immediately. I live by it daily. My story is as short as that. I also study Buddhism and received the Buddhist name is Seiyo.

I look forward to dialogue on this site.

Seiyo

laotan

Re: introduction

Post by laotan »

Seiyo,
We are glad to have you here. One question: How do you live by the Dao daily? What you mean by that? I am afraid that people who are living by the Dao in our time do this in different ways.

demannlv

Post by demannlv »

Though it is not easy, I try at least to remember the teachings in the Tao Te Ching. I guess I'm attempting to follow in the Great Master's footsteps. It is not easy and often I'm not successful. If I quit trying, however, I am in serious trouble.

Seiyo

laotan

Post by laotan »

demannlv wrote:Though it is not easy, I try at least to remember the teachings in the Tao Te Ching. I guess I'm attempting to follow in the Great Master's footsteps. It is not easy and often I'm not successful. If I quit trying, however, I am in serious trouble.

Seiyo
Yes, I know. We all try hard to follow the masters' teachgings. Still what are you following? What exactly do you mean?