Introductions....?

Tell us about your interest in Taoism. How did you find the Tao and what it means to you? Are you a practitioner? What you hope to attain through your practice?

Moderator: laotan

lao_jia2008

Re: Introductions....?

Post by lao_jia2008 »

Hello to all. I took a Philosophy class in college and loved it. That is where I began an interest in the Tao. I had a great,dedicated Professor who helped me to appreciate the Tao. I am anxious to learn more from you all. :D

laotan

Post by laotan »

lao_jia2008 wrote:Hello to all. I took a Philosophy class in college and loved it. That is where I began an interest in the Tao. I had a great,dedicated Professor who helped me to appreciate the Tao. I am anxious to learn more from you all. :D
You're welcome.

Lance

Post by Lance »

laotan wrote:As for the hell I am not so sure it doesn't exist... My own experience after death show me that it must be something there.
Hi, Laotan. I am curious to hear more about this. :!:

laotan

Post by laotan »

In my own experience there is a kind of hell where individuals who maintain their consciousness may choose their future embodiment much like the Plato story of soldier Er. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_Er
Here dead persons were like uniforme of grey color. They all were the same without any personal trait. Also there were guardians and nobody could escape this state unless he/she maintained his/her consciousness.

laotan

Post by laotan »

How do you combine the Deist believes with Taoism? Can you explain this? I am not sure what Deist believes are and how they could join the Taoist wisdom....

wuknight

Post by wuknight »

Hi my name is Steve and I am 27 and living in Lemoore CA. I've been stumbling and tripping my way down the Way for about 3-4 years, having come from being a devout Catholic child, atheist early teen, agnostic teen and open and seeking in my early 20's. I can't call myself a pure Buddhist or Taoist, but these paths closest represent th eworld view I see around me.

laotan

Post by laotan »

wuknight wrote:Hi my name is Steve and I am 27 and living in Lemoore CA. I've been stumbling and tripping my way down the Way for about 3-4 years, having come from being a devout Catholic child, atheist early teen, agnostic teen and open and seeking in my early 20's. I can't call myself a pure Buddhist or Taoist, but these paths closest represent th eworld view I see around me.
What you mean by pure Buddhist. How can one be pure Buddhist or Taoist? Or how can one be an impure Buddhist/Taoist?