Finding a Book - Help me!

Here you can talk about the main Taoist topics such as Tao, Yin-Yang, Wu, Wu-Wei.

Moderator: laotan

EmmanuelC

Finding a Book - Help me!

Post by EmmanuelC »

Hey guys...
So I really need your help. A few months ago I was reading a really good book on Taoism. I however lost the book and now I can't find it. Worse of all I don't know the name of the book, so I was hoping some of you guys could help me out? The book cover was red, it was like a normal size book, and inside it contained a number of accounts from what I believe were different Taoists, like Lieh Tzu and Chiung Tzu. The book was divided into different section, so for example the first few pages were very wise stories told by (for e.g.) Lieh Tzu. And then after Lieh Tzu came somebody else,and so on. I know this doesn't sound like much but thats all I've got. If you don't know what book I am talking about its Ok but do you know what kind of book it is? If so what should I search for to see if I can find it?? Thanks!!

laotan

Re: Finding a Book - Help me!

Post by laotan »

EmmanuelC wrote:Hey guys...
If you don't know what book I am talking about its Ok but do you know what kind of book it is? If so what should I search for to see if I can find it?? Thanks!!
As you said it is a book on Taoism. I am not sure what else can you do. There are many quoting from Taoists masters.

EmmanuelC

Post by EmmanuelC »

laotan wrote:
If you don't know what book I am talking about its Ok but do you know what kind of book it is? If so what should I search for to see if I can find it?? Thanks!!
As you said it is a book on Taoism. I am not sure what else can you do. There are many quoting from Taoists masters.
Yes but this book had a collection of different masters. what would you call such book? taoist accounts? taism teachings?

laotan

Post by laotan »

EmmanuelC wrote:
laotan wrote:
Yes but this book had a collection of different masters. what would you call such book? taoist accounts? taism teachings?
I really don't know. It could be Texts of Taoists or Taoist Texts, or Collection of Taoist Texts.

williamdemilio

Post by williamdemilio »

perhaps "from nowhere to know where" is a good place to start or "if you thirst for knowledge take little sips" or even the kids book "the Tao of Wow..adventures in disbelief" ..better yet write one in pencil so you can easily erase what you think you know !! :roll: