Fundamental Tao

Here you can talk about the main Taoist topics such as Tao, Yin-Yang, Wu, Wu-Wei.

Moderator: laotan

Thermidor

Fundamental Tao

Post by Thermidor »

Hello everyone. I am former muslim, and my thoughts about Tao as Absolute may be distorted. So I very want to ask you several questions.
1. How Fundamental is Tao to our world? I.E Would the world exist if Tao did not exist?
2. According to Tao Te Ching and Zhuangzi, there's impossible to express Tao with words, thought or silence, however we can name it, and feel it in all things. This is right understanding of Tao?
3. Obviously, Tao doesn't forces something to act. Then, Tao manifests itself in natural essence of all things? For example, grass is growing, it's the Tao of grass. God or Shangdi creates and controls world, and this is Tao of God.
Please help me, was I mistaken in understanding of Tao, or I am on the right Way.

laotan

Re: Fundamental Tao

Post by laotan »

Tao is the fundamental law - yin-yang or fullness and emptiness affecting everything, things and beings. as law he is not visible but still may be seized by the effects of his manifestation.

Thermidor

Post by Thermidor »

May I clarify?
For example, in Taoist cosmology, all things appear from Taiji, the Supreme Pole. Can this process be called a manifestation of Tao in Taiji?

laotan

Post by laotan »

yes, it is the beginning.